Emmy-winning TV and film directors teach you how to get your vision from the script to the screen.
The Ultimate Directing Course
In the Film Directing Master Course, over a dozen internationally-recognized TV and film directors methodically guide you through every step of the directing process. From working with actors to managing the set, this insider’s look at the process will help you optimize the pre-production process, analyze the characters, improving your communication on set, and interact with the crew in a way that guarantees your vision makes it from your mind to the screen.
- Break down a script and analyze characters
- How to develop a visual story and theme for your production
- Design and implement storyboards and pre-visualization techniques
- Find and attract qualified, convincing actors
- Conduct an effective audition to find the right actor for each role
- Warning signs to look out for in potential actors
- How to work with a casting agency
- Techniques for breaking down the script
- How to interface with each department and effectively convey your vision
- What to do 30 seconds before calling “Action”
- What to do right after calling “Cut”
- Properly block, light, rehearse, tweak, and shoot a scene no matter how large your crew
- On-set tutorial for directing a scene
- Create an effective, fool-proof shot list
- Advanced techniques for blocking natural, convincing performances
- Determine the proper coverage for each camera angle
- Track continuity for seamless editing
- Plot character arcs and motivations
- Techniques to conduct effective rehearsals
- Properly direct and communicate with actors
- Balance performance with the cinematic look of the frame
- How to direct extras to create convincing background action appropriate to the world of your story
In this self-guided online course, top television and feature film directors reveal the techniques, experiences, and advice they’ve learned after decades open set.
These are the most useful videos I have ever seen. It made everything click in a way it never has before. Thank you!
– Nelson Hayes
LIFETIME ACCESS • FREE CONTENT UPDATES
Certificate of Completion
Earn 85% or higher and receive a personalized certificate and be listed in our Certification Database.
USED IN OVER 125 TOP FILM SCHOOLS
"The content is top-notch, and every single video I've seen here has been a goldmine of info and production value."
– Athan Condex
Section 1: Director's Craft
Designed to help you understand the director’s role in visual storytelling, the seven updated lessons combine interviews with Hollywood directors, on-set tutorials, and methodical step-by-step approach to the director’s process.
Watch a free lesson from this series
"This is so informative. It feels like I'm being taught properly at the set itself. Please make more such in-depth tutorials."
– Keshav Rathi
Section 2: Casting the Roles
Learn how to find and cast actors who bring a creative presence to the screen and provide a marketable face for distributors and audiences.
Section 3: Directing Actors
Learn the skills to effectively direct actors to achieve an authentic performance on set.
"I'm about to shoot/direct my first feature and binging on your content really helps me boost my confidence. Thanks!"
– Luka Stemberger
Start Improving Your Directing Skills Today
$499 Only $399
Get it all and
save over 70%
"I signed up for FilmSkills Unlimited. Absolutely invaluable course. I would go this far and say that this is the best online course on the topic. The catalog is broad and given the range of subject covered, the value is unbelievable. Highly recommended."
– Manoj Jayadevan